Cooking Adventures

While I can't say cooking is anywhere near as exciting as exploding Thermite in Topher's backyard, I will say it has its moments. Anyone who knows me knows I can't cook for shit (although I can make scrambled eggs and 2 minute noodles), and I've recently taken it upon myself to learn. The other night I attempted to make spaghetti bolognaise.

I ended up with soggy spaghetti and a sauce that had way too much tomato in it. Johanna, who's had experience cooking, consoled me over my loss.

"Yeah, when I made spaghetti the [first time] ... I screwed up was the sauce. Then mum fixed it for me. It doesn't matter though, Ate Janelle; even if someone dies [eating it], mum can fix it when she gets home."

I love her dearly.

And yes, Maree, that is a direct copy and paste. But shh. :P


Anyhow, I'm off to a distant land. Look after Monkey Socks for me.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

You need to learn cooking, from me.
I SWEAR I'VE IMPROVED.
I haven't burnt anything in agess.

Queen Anne said...

Our brownies were melt-y chocolate...
Experiments solo might be best in her case.

Queen Anne said...

To clarify, you certainly didn't *burn* the brownies... although, I wouldn't have called them entirely cooked either...