Why do people DO that?

Why do people wear their shirts backwards, on purpose?

And why do they get so pissed when you point out to them that their shirts are on backward?!

I swear to God, it is ridiculous. It looks shit, it looks bogan and it looks like you don't have a washing machine, or that you have one and don't bother washing your shirts.

So the other day, I was walking around the city, minding my own business, doing a spot of shopping to ease my state of mind. I was walking around and saw this girl in front of me; she had a shirt on backwards.

The tag, the place where she bought the shirt from, was in view of the world, letting everyone know where she shops. Okay, I understand if she shops at Louis Vuitton or Guess, and she wants people to know, fine, show off, but okay... actually no it's NOT okay, but I'll get back to this point later.

The tag on that girl's shirt says... "SUPRE", why, WHY WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND, would buy a shirt from Supre, and then strut it in plain view of everyone on Queen Street Mall (everyone there already need some burf bag when they walk past that neon store on steriods anyway)? She's MY age by the way, so she should know that anyone who shops at Supre is (insert something here, fill in the blanks!). Everything there are too short, too low and too... Slu..ty (fill in the blanks again!).

Anyway even if the shirt isn't from Supre, people should still not wear their shirts backward, like I said, it looks feral, like you don't wash your shirt... like you're a homeless bogan (no offence to the homeless bogans. I'm sure they have their reasons as to why they're homeless bogans). So that concludes my rant. You may now leave knowing my opinion on why people should not wear their shirts backward. Not that you were that interested in the first place of course.

2 comments:

Topher said...

Do you mean inside out? or backwards? Ill assume you mean inside-out coz it shows the tag.

Anyway you should have asked her "hey where do you get the inside out shirts from? I can only find clothes which have the tags on the inside.

This will work even better if someone she is with has a hat on backwards or on the side. So you can then follow up by another question in a similar manner to the backwards hat wearing mofo "Where do you buy the caps with the bills on the side/back I've looked everywhere but I cant find them!"

There is one other reason why they wear them inside out in the wise words of Arrested Development, not the band;

Michael: You guys have these jackets on inside out?

Rita: Yeah, that way you see the label.

Lindsay: Yeah, I mean, that’s what you’re paying for, right? It’s a great statement on fashion.

Rita: Plus, it doesn’t tickle your neck.


So either they are idiots, or they are just making a great statement on fashion and the people who pay a lot of money for clothes :p

littel-philow-cat said...

She meant inside out -- I had to ask her to figure it out. She could also have meant inside out and upside down, because that would be strange. Wearers could be either like penguins or wearing tubetops that are really, really loose at the top.

They could also be doing one of those outside outside things where they're mocking people who wear things inside out, but that's risky because then you can't tell if they're being serious or kidding around.