One socks off...

I like... socks, I really do.
I’ve told Jel, that if I ever become famous and people give me presents I would only ask for one thing... Socks.
Because I always end up losing them, and it occurs more in winter than any other time.
Why?
Well, for those of you who don’t know (or actually care) I wear two pairs of socks in winter.
Normal?
I think so, it is cold after all, and according to my mother sickness is transferred through your feet (?) and that’s why I wear beanies and bandannas also. (I also have a deep love for scarves)
But, in doing this, it presents a sort of problem.
If you are (strange) like me, then you would know this dilemma, and that is... the moment your socks start to slip off your feet.
With one sock, it’s easy. I know a few girls in High school that would glue their socks to their legs (idiots but resourceful because who uses glue stick in high school except the art geeks?). Nonetheless, one pair of socks is easy to fix.
But when you’re wearing two pairs of socks, and the topmost layer is longer than the second one that one usually tends to stay up.
The bottom one... does not.
So it’s very annoying, (and awkward if someone see’s you), to be pulling up your second sock in a FAIL attempt at fixing this sock situation you’ve gotten yourself in.
But it’s more awkward if, for instance, you’re getting ready to go somewhere, or waiting for someone. When suddenly you realised,
“Shit, my second socks slipping”
You think for a while, ‘Maybe if I fix it now, I’ll miss the embarrassing moment of someone seeing me’ or ‘I won’t be late in getting picked up’.
Because as most people know, most girls take a LONG time to get ready for things, and usually they do this because they’re trying to make an entrance.
Most of the time it’s just irritating, I mean, no one likes to be kept waiting.
So, when you have finally have decided to fix this sock situation, there’s a beeping of a horn and you realise that you’ve become one of those girls, unintentionally.
And then you try to explain that you weren’t trying to be ‘cool’ or ‘make an entrance’ you were just fixing your socks.
“Really, sorry... I was...”
But then you’d realise that you would admit to wearing two pairs of socks, and being the geek that you are, you don’t want to reinforce that.
“I was... on the loo”
*crickets*
*One person clapping, sadly*
“Fail”

2 comments:

littel-philow-cat said...

YOUR MUM IS ASIAN.

And yes, I agree. Fixing TWO socks is always difficult. I used to wear two, especially to tennis! [until I just bought really thick socks]. It's especially hard when the socks on the OUTSIDE are bigger than the ones inside, so you have to dig further down into the outer sock just to reach the smaller sock, and fix it. Wait. That's what you said. My bad.

I'd even go so far as you say your mother is FILO.

RACHELLE'S mother says that. MY mother says that.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWwgjYl5dE

Hee hee. She's filo. THAT is my family. The only relevant bit is the comment about Vicks, though.

Queen Anne said...

Glue the first shorter layer, THEN the taller second layer. Problem solved. Until the glue detaches.