12 Hours + Pitying Look = Wise Cleaner

There s times I think I am not secure in my job. Then as I am listening to the cleaner, who by the way has a very cool leg tattoo, I doubt that they will get rid of the wanker, sorry “committed worker”, who works from 7am to 9pm.

I don’t do this for the money. I do run several projects and as I go to uni three days a week I only end up with two full days of work. This is fantastic for my bank account and the person in me that thrives in that environment. However the horrid thing is my work has given me a full time employee role. I love my job. I love the people and the environment. But due my crappy university schedule this semester I lose a day, just not the workload. This means to fit my usual 3 day week into a 2 day week I have to do 12 to 13 hour days. Sounds plausible. Sounds even amusing.

I just get pissed when my bosses bitch I work too long or am not a normal worker. I really am working what I worked two months ago it’s just in smaller portions. I still get my job done. I still meet deadlines, chase debt and perform payment processing. I just do it in 12 hours instead of 12 hour. They just haven’t worked out that it’s the same amount of hours in a condensed version.

It’s great job really. I’ve learnt some great things, developed a work ethic and met some amazing people. It’s a fantastic job to support me through university and provide me with great work experience. It’s all dandy until the cleaner gives you this pitying you have no life look and politely asks you when you are going to leave so he can.

That’s when you know you’ve been at work too long!

2 comments:

littel-philow-cat said...

You do work insane hours though, Princess.

It's amazing how you keep it up! Good work, though.

Anonymous said...

I would like to curl up some days and die. I cant work that long tomorrow though cause i have an exam on sat I need to cram for. I got my notes done just gonna record and flick through on my lunch break. im fucking tired atm though